Thursday, December 17, 2009

Mac From It's Always Sunny To Open Actual Bar In Philadelphia

mac from it's always sunny in philadelphiaSo a couple of weeks back, we triangulated the theoretical location of the fictional Paddy's Pub from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Which turned out to be right around the corner from where Mac (aka Rob McElhenney) grew up in Pennsport in South Philadelphia.

And now we hear that Mac is coming back to his hometown as a bar owner... Word is that he and Dee (real life husband and wife, McElhenney and Kaitlin Olson) have purchased an actual bar in Old City.

Skinner's to be exact.

Which, incidentally, is only two blocks away from the unaffiliated Paddy's Pub on Race Street.

This is what McElhenney had to say earlier this year to Temple News:
TTN: Do you still have ties to Philadelphia?

RM: I’m home now more than I was when I lived in New York. I come home for Christmas and all the major holidays. My parents live in King of Prussia and Delaware County. My closest friends are guys I went to high school with.

I’m actually in the process of buying a bar in Philly with guys I went to high school with. It’s in the early stages, but they’ll run everything, and I’ll get back as much as I can. We’re still planning it, but it looks like we’ll open it in Center City.
Phoodie actually called Skinner's and got close to a confirmation.

Previously:
Mystery Location Of Paddy's Pub In It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia Finally Revealed

No comments: