Put the what in the what what?? Beer cocktails are coming to Fairmount | Photo (not London Grill) via Seattle Mag
London Grill is debuting what they are calling Philadelphia's first "Beer Drinks" menu — basically beer cocktails or drinks made with beer, house-made infusions and liqueurs.
Which sounds a little crazy.
But upon taking a preliminary look at the menu, we are admittedly intrigued.
- London Shandy, Fuller's ESB, Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur and lemon;Beer purists may have a few reservations.
- Sierra Red Eye, Sierra Nevada pale ale with a shot of spicy house-made Bloody Mary mix;
- Flower Bud, Budweiser, crème de violette and St. Germain elderflower liqueur;
- Bank Robber, Stoudt's Willie Sutton lager, house-infused green tea vodka and Irish Mist;
- Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em, Victory Prima Pils with mescal, chipotle vodka, lime and a salt rim;
- How Now Brown Cow, Brooklyn brown ale with Nocello and espresso vodka.
In all, London will offer 14 rotating beer cocktails, ranging in price from $5 to $8 with up to 10 varieties available daily.
But at the very least, it’s cool to see a little innovation coming out of Philadelphia bars.
And for the record, when party punch is made of lemonade, vodka and beer, we're pretty sure good times are had by all.
So, yeah. Beer cocktails. Something else new to try this summer.
London Grill [ Official Site ]
Gimme a lager on the rocks with a twist [ Globe and Mail ]